Thursday, April 12, 2018

Carlos The Barber

The Making of Officer Chase

I knew that because I had to make some changes to this character, I had to do something in order for Gianni to most accurately portray Officer Chase as I had envisioned. In essence, I had to make Gianni look more like a white police officer.

What I decided to do buy a cop costume from party city for Gianni and for Geo. Now that he can dress the part, he has to look the part. Next, I decided to put my self taught barber skills to use. This was actually pretty nerve-racking for me because I am clearly not a professional and I was not about to mess up this man's hairline. All the experience I have gotten from buzzing my little brother's sides and my dad's nearly bald head has now come to this moment. To my good fortune (and his), my hand decided to be a little extra shaky this day but, fortunately, it turned out okay.


Anyways, I just cleaned him up. Cleaned up his front hair line, his back hairline, his sideburns, and around his ears. I also shaved his face and left him a circle beard (because what's more American than that?). Finally, I gelled up his hair to make it look extra clean-cut to add a dash of white privilege. 





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



This is the final result:


What do you think??
(P.s. if you ever need a barber for the low, just come my way) ;;)


CITATIONS:

N., R., & L. (2017, October 26). Police Shirt. Retrieved April 12, 2018, from https://www.partycity.com/police-shirt-P178115.html?cgid=costume-accessories-themes-police-firefighter-military&start=2

G. (2013, October 26). How to Shape a Beard: The Circle Beard (French Beard) | Gillette STYLER. Retrieved April 12, 2018, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPxafS80Dhk

No comments:

Post a Comment