Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Choosing a font style

Hello! Welcome back to my blog! Sorry I have not been posting for a while, but I'm back on track. Starting where we left off:
THE TITLE IN THE WORKS

Today, we will be talking about the process in looking for the right font style for our title and the reasons behind it.

For this title, I wanted something that was bold and made a statement but also had a sense of originality for it. Although lacking the originality, the following were initial options for the fonts that I considered well fit for our film opening:



After an extensive search on different font styles, I was not satisfied with anything that I found. I felt like something was missing. Therefore, I decided to simply make my own font. This is the font style:

I made the font all caps so that it still has that "bold statement" aspect to it and it draws your attention. Also, I felt that what I needed was that "human aspect" that I want to convey as the purpose for the story in relation to the theme of police brutality. Making it completely handwritten achieves just that.

I decided to take it a step further and make a second make a second handwritten version (shown below) that obviously does not look exactly like the first one but is similar.
In the film opening, I will layer the two versions and cut from one to the other to gave an animated effect. These will further enhance that "human aspect" to the font style. A sample of this is shown below:




This graphic will then be layered on my timeline in Premiere Pro CC with the "screen" blend mode. The final result will look something like this:



CITATIONS:

“Browse.” Fonts.com, www.fonts.com/browse?filter=family:classification:script,family:classification:script:formal&skip=10.

No comments:

Post a Comment